1. What growth potential do you see for facilities management sector in India?
Facility management services market in India will grow steadily during the next four years i.e. more than 17% by 2020, FM Companies have tapped around 25% of the market, there is immense opportunity to tap this FM outsourcing market at larger level
2. As an user/operator in Facility Management, what are the qualities you look for in your vendor/ supplier before choosing them for FM operations?
3. What impact will new technologies like Block chain, Artificial intelligence, Internet of Things and 3D printing have on the imminent future of Facilities Management in India?
Deployment of AI in services operations will ensure accuracy and precision in the process and will avoid delays with faster change in operations when required. It will also forecast risks and demands based on available data.
Property Management and Real Estate is an industry that can benefit immensely from Block chain. A process of executing smart contracts to release payment once work has been verified to be completed can be developed to handle and record transactions and the work involved. A Block chain enabled tenant billing system would eliminate a lot of the paper pushing and administrative costs. Using on-board sensors to monitor equipment performance for the purposes of warranty could be great way to increase confidence of building operators in purchasing equipment and getting refunds when it does not perform according to defined standards.
The Internet of Things (IOT) offers alternative mechanisms for success, using simple, low-cost sensor devices to provide valuable contextualised data in real-time. This is a key enabler in providing Smart, Resilient Sustainable and Productive buildings.
4. How do facilities professionals move away from the mindset of an 'Administrative Support' function and be recognised as key critical resources for the enterprise ? What are your thoughts on this?
Technical, Human and Conceptual Skills makes the difference to make a person professional in an enterprise
5. Your views on The Economic Times “Facility Management Summit” and how important do you to feel is the need of organizing such summits?
These type of summits are very important, which allows to learn new view and best practices.